Get free email notifications about new and soon-to-end giveaways.
You can unsubscribe or change the frequency of emails at any time. We won't share/sell your email address and we won't send spam.
Terms & Conditions
Unless otherwise stated, Gleam Giveaway Finder is not affiliated with this giveaway.
RULE SET 1: US/CANADA
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. INTERNET ACCESS & E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GIVEAWAY (“PROMOTION”), YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS AND NOT SUBJECT TO APPEAL.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada, excluding Quebec. Persons who are not legal residents of the United States/District of Columbia or Canada, excluding Quebec, should not participate in the PROMOTION. Void in Puerto Rico and Quebec and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors and the immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse) wherever they may live and others living in the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors of What on Earth Books (“Sponsor”), and its advertising, promotion or production agencies are not eligible to participate or win a prize.
2. PROMOTION SCHEDULE. Promotion begins on 04/22/2022 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) and ends 12/31/2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT. The official clock of the PROMOTION is Sponsor’s computer.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
Each entrant may submit a drawing via Gleam link during the entry period. Each entry must comply with the following requirements (“Entry Requirements”):
Entrants must be 18+; however, parents and guardians are strongly encouraged to enter your children’s drawings in the contest on their behalf!
Drawings must be the original work of the entrant. Third party work will not be accepted.
The entry must not include content that is obscene, pornographic, libelous or otherwise objectionable (including, without limitation, including profanity, offensive language, nudity and excessive violence)
By submitting your drawing, you are giving What on Earth Books and their partners permission to use on their social media channels
4. RESTRICTIONS ON PROMOTION PARTICIPATION. Any person who uses any device or artifice to participate will be disqualified. PROMOTION participation must be effected via manual key-stroking; use of script, macro, robotic, programmed or like means of participation will void attempted entry and result in disqualification. Additionally, any attempt to interfere or tamper with the What on Earth Books web site or pages on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter will result in disqualification. Tampering includes but is not limited to the posting of comments about Sponsor, the Promotion which are negative, disparaging or otherwise adversely affect the Sponsor’s goodwill (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.) In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry used to enter the Promotion. Sponsor shall determine in its sole discretion the identity of such Authorized Account Holder.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Winners will be notified via email each month, using the provided email address on his/her entry. IT IS THE WINNER’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THEIR EMAIL FOLLOWING THE END OF THE CONTEST PERIOD TO FIND OUT IF HE/SHE HAS WON. . Failure to respond within 48 hours will result in disqualification. If disqualified, an alternate finalist may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received and the same requirements will apply to the alternate winner. In addition, finalists and winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where legal) within indicated time as a further condition of prize award. If potential winner fails to contact Administrator with 48 hours or claim the prize for any reason; fails to sign and return an Affidavit/Release (if applicable) within 48 hours; or is determined to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. In the event of disqualification, an alternate winner will be selected for the applicable weekly drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for such drawing, as per Rule 5 above.
7. Prize Packages:
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
a. In General. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, incomplete, irregular, damaged, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, misdirected, illegible/garbled or otherwise unsuccessful attempts to enter the PROMOTION, all of which are void. Sponsor further assumes no responsibility for (a) any computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion or unauthorized human intervention; or (b) any incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate information or materials, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in attempting to enter/entering the PROMOTION; or (c) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site or e-mail address/account. (The preceding includes but is not limited to any filtering by Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.) Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from attempting to enter the PROMOTION or downloading/uploading materials from/to any web site or e-mail address/account.
b. Force Majeure. If, for any reason, the PROMOTION (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned due to any cause beyond Sponsor’s control (by way of example only, computer virus, worms, bugs or tampering/unauthorized intervention), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the PROMOTION and make the prize available for affected weekly drawing of the PROMOTION from among all remaining eligible entries received for such affected weekly drawing prior to and/or after the action taken by Sponsor (as appropriate) or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the What on Earth Books Facebook Page.
c. RELEASES. Participant releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotion and production agencies and the directors, officers, agents, shareholders, representatives, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above entities, as well as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest, from any and all liability associated (directly or indirectly, in whole or in part) with his/her participation in the PROMOTION, his/her participation in any Giveaway-related activity and receipt, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of prize. By accepting prize, where permitted by law, winner grants Sponsor and its designees the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or other indicia of persona as news or information and for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional compensation, and without review, approval or further notice.
d. Additional Terms. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such provision. Should a court of competent jurisdiction find any provision of these Official Rules to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such determination will not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the balance of these Official Rules and the invalid/illegal/unenforceable provision will be replaced with a substitute provision that is valid, legal and enforceable and most closely mirrors the original intention of Sponsor.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the PROMOTION you understand and agree that any claim or dispute regarding the PROMOTION or these Official Rules will be resolved by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW), such provision being made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference. In accordance with the “Dispute Resolution” provision, any claim or dispute will be resolved pursuant to North Carolina state law.
11. WINNERS’ LIST. For the names of prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to What on Earth It's Up To Us Challenge 6501 East Greenway Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85254. Requests must be received by 12/31/2022 Winners’ list will be available after 12/31/2022
SPONSORS: What on Earth Books
RULE SET 2: UK
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION CONTEST - WHAT ON EARTH BOOKS
By participating in the above-mentioned competition, the participant accepts the following conditions of participation and the data protection regulations. These are exclusively authoritative for participation and the distribution of the prizes.
The organiser of the "It's Up to Us" competition (hereinafter "competition") is What on Earth Books (hereinafter "we" or "organiser").
2. eligibility and manipulation attempts
Participation is free and independent of the purchase of goods or services.
All natural persons resident in the United Kingdom who are at least 18 years old at the time of participation are eligible to participate. Employees of the organizer and persons involved in the conception and organization of this competition are excluded from participation. Participants in the competition are all those who, during the term of the competition before the closing date for participation, provide us with the necessary data for their participation, accepting these competition conditions.
We expressly reserve the right to check the eligibility of winners before the prize is distributed. This is to ensure that the payout only takes place to eligible persons. If the check reveals that the winners are not eligible to participate, the organizer is free to refuse to distribute the prizes without this giving rise to claims for compensation, indemnification or damages.
The use of scripts, robots, participation or competition registration services or other automated measures for participation is prohibited. We reserve the right to exclude participants in case of manipulation attempts or violation of these conditions of participation.
3. participation modalities
The competition begins on 22nd April 2022 at 09:00 CET and ends on 31st December 2022 at 24:00 CET ("participation period").
Participation in the prize draw is by entering a drawing competition:
Drawing Contest - Any entrant may submit a drawing during the entry period via the contest page or by sending to the Clarence House directly. To participate, upload or send a drawing enter your email address, name, date of birth and confirm the terms and conditions. Each entry must meet the following requirements to be eligible to enter the competition:
The drawing must be the original work of the participant. Works by third parties will not be accepted. The participant guarantees to be the owner of the necessary rights to the submitted drawing. If the participant is not the sole author or rights holder, he/she expressly declares that he/she has the necessary rights to participate in the competition. The organizer is not obliged to check the drawing submitted by the participants for potential violations of the rights of third parties.
Works by children or adolescents will be accepted, provided that they are submitted by the legal guardian in his/her own name.
The drawing may not contain content that is obscene, pornographic, defamatory or otherwise objectionable (including, but not limited to, swear words, abusive language, nudity and excessive violence).
4. determination of the winners
All eligible drawings will be reviewed by a jury composed of members of the organizer's staff.
The criteria used for the nomination are at the sole discretion of the organizer. These may include, but are not limited to, creativity and originality
5. notification of the winners
Winners will be notified by email at the email address provided during registration.
It is the sole responsibility of the finalists and winners to check the email account provided during registration. Failure to respond to the notification via the email address provided in the email within 48 hours may result in disqualification of the entry at the Promoter's sole discretion. In the event of disqualification, a substitute Winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries at the Promoter's sole discretion. In addition, the Promoter may require winners to submit a declaration of eligibility, indemnity against liability, and advertising waiver (where required and permitted by law) as a condition of prizes. If the finalist or winner fails to do so, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select a substitute finalist or substitute winner from all remaining eligible entries.
The following prizes are to be won within the framework of the competition:
7. exclusion of liability
Technical problems with the participation in the lottery cannot be excluded. Therefore we do not accept any liability for a temporary unavailability of our website, the transmission via the Gleam-Link or for loss of data and resulting damages. Our liability is generally limited to gross negligence and intent, unless the damage is due to injury to life, body or health and in the case of claims for compensation under the Product Liability Act. In cases of slight negligence which lead to delay or impossibility of the performance owed, as well as in cases of violation of an essential obligation, i.e. an obligation the fulfilment of which makes the proper execution of the competition possible in the first place and on the observance of which the participant may regularly rely and the violation of which endangers the achievement of the purpose of the contract, we shall only be liable for material and financial damages arising from this to the amount of the foreseeable, typically occurring damage.
8. data protection regulations
The processing of personal data is required for participation in the competition. The organizer will process the participant's details and other personal data only in accordance with the legal provisions of the applicable EU Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO). The processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 I S. 1 lit. b) DSGVO for the purpose of carrying out the competition. Each participant has the right to object in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO. The personal data will be stored for as long as necessary for the execution of the competition.
The personal data processed within the scope of the competition participation will be used exclusively for the execution of the competition. In accordance with the statutory provisions, use for advertising and market research purposes will only be made after obtaining the separate consent of the person concerned. In all other respects, the provisions of our data protection declaration, available at https://www.whatonearthbooks.com/us/privacy-policy/, apply.
In the event of winning, the participant agrees to the publication of his/her name and place of residence and, if applicable, the submitted drawing in the advertising media used by the organizer. This includes the announcement of the finalist or winner on the Promoter's website and its social media channels.
We reserve the right to cancel the competition for important reasons. A cancellation for important reasons can occur in particular if a proper execution of the competition can no longer be guaranteed for technical or legal reasons. Should such a cancellation be caused by the behaviour of a participant, the organiser is entitled to demand compensation from this participant for the damage incurred.
The judges' decision is final.
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to the contract and the participation in the lottery, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. This choice of law shall only apply to consumers insofar as the consumer is not deprived of the protection granted by mandatory provisions of the law of the state of the consumer's habitual residence.
The invalidity of individual provisions of these conditions of participation shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.